Let’s get to know the medical technology clinic or medical lab clinic.
Many people have probably heard or seen various media articles about blood testing and other medical lab clinics which are actually talking about the same thing. In order not to cause confusion for everyone. Let’s get to know them.
To prevent confusion, we would like to use the description “Medical Technology Clinic” in providing everyone with a thorough understanding of the meaning, importance, duties, roles in society, and the operator or who is responsible for this clinic.
So what is the role of the medical technology clinic?
A Medical Laboratory is a one that provides services for treatment or health assessment, preventive care, or examination to monitor the progression of diseases and disorders for:
- Health-conscious individuals
- Fitness enthusiasts
- Groups that take health supplements to prevent diabetes, high cholesterol or to help achieve weight-loss
- Follow-up patients who have prescriptions from their doctors.
- Group health check-ups, such as for employees’ annual health check-ups
- Medical clinic providing treatment services for general diseases.
- Alternative Medical Clinics
The blood test list includes :
- Complete Blood Test (CBC)
- Fasting blood glucose
- Glucose Test (HbA1C)
- Kidney function test (BUN, Creatinine, e-GFR)
- Gout (Uric acid)
- Lipid profile (Cholesterol, Triglyceride, HDL, LDL)
- Liver Function Test (Total protein, Albumin, Globulin, Bilirubin (Total/Direct), AST, ALT, Alkaline Phosphatase
- Monitor vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B2, B6, B7, B9, B12 and minerals such as calcium, magnesium.
- Checks for various types of hepatitis viruses such as hepatitis B virus (HBs Ag, Anti HBs)
- Cancer marker for screening Liver Cancer (AFP), Colorectal Cancer (CEA), Prostate Cancer (PSA) etc.
- Check for allergens
- Many other checklists arising from blood tests.
- Urine, stool, culture test, etc.
Medical Technology Clinic
Conducted under the Medical Technical Professional Law. and operating as a private organization by medical technicians with licenses to practice medical techniques (License No.) They are responsible for and conduct analysis, examination, reporting and approval, including explanation of preliminary results. They must be medical technicians with a medical license.
Medical Clinic - How does it work?
The procedure or working process of the medical technician clinic is modeled after medical laboratories in both public and private hospitals. But there are differences in medical laboratory management.
The operating system of the medical clinic consists of :
Preparation of patients or customers who want to come in for blood tests
- Specimen collection such as blood sampling, urine-stool collection, and other secretions from the body.
- Sending specimens to the laboratory for analysis
- Specimen analysis procedure
- Internal quality control and external quality control
- Reporting and certification of test results
- Providing test results to customers or patients who receive services.
At every stage of the analysis process, we have a quality control system to ensure accuracy by using technology, with both analytical machines and